You’ve been looking forward to a night in with your special someone. You slipped into something more comfortable, made some popcorn, and snuggled up on the couch only to discover Netflix was down. And why? All because of another Amazon Web Services cloud outage.
Missing out on a movie is one thing. You could always listen to music, play a game or even talk to each other. But what happens when you and your legal team are trying to review documents on your public cloud and suddenly you can’t access your data? When your Electronically Stored Information (ESI) isn’t available, you lose billable hours, every legal team’s worst nightmare.
Not All Clouds Are Created Equal
In a public cloud, you share hard drive space with other companies. Sharing storage might work well enough for movie streaming or social networking, but it isn’t the most secure or defensible choice for your confidential litigation documents. With a private cloud to host your review, you gain the benefits of your own server without the costs.
A 99.99% service level agreement guarantees you 24×7 uptime, from any of your devices, anywhere in the world. In the event of a cloud malfunction, a backup cloud takes over, allowing you the same access to your data as before. Just as a generator is essential to the reliable running of a hospital, a dedicated server ensures the integrity and availability of your eDiscovery project.
Since you can access your data from the comfort of your own office or home, you probably won’t be visiting the physical location of your servers. Yet their geographic location is still an important consideration. Selecting an American data center to host your server avoids complications with foreign eDiscovery regulations.
Virtual Collaboration in Legal Review
When combined with a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) review tool, a private cloud provides you billable hours by increasing the efficiency of your team:
- Access documents from any device, anywhere, 24×7.
- Assign documents to pools of users, so any member of the team can finish a document and move on to the next. No more time wasted waiting for new assignments.
- Control access levels of your legal team on a need-to-know basis, especially useful when sharing documents with expert witnesses.
- Download documents without slowing other team members down.
- Track the overall progress of the review.
- Track the review status of individual documents, saving time by preventing multiple reviewing of the same document.
- Share searches across the review.
- Easily see and jump to linked documents, such as email attachments.
- Read redacted text before it is permanently burned on.
- Tag privileged documents.
With a hosted review, you benefit from the labor and cost efficiencies of the cloud without sacrificing access or security.
When preparing for litigation, you can’t afford downtime. Call WarRoom Document Solutions and discover the best dedicated review solution for your needs.